All the staff at Birkwood Plant Training are committed to providing an accurate Information, Advice and Guidance Service.
We aim to provide an independent information advice and guidance service to anyone who wishes to access our training programmes or services. This includes any potential new clients or those already in training with the company. We feel that in providing a quality information, advice and guidance service we can help clients to make the right choices about the training courses or programmes that are right for them. The quality of our service is monitored through performance data and feedback from users.
Birkwood Plant Training supports the concept of lifelong learning and will endeavour to help individuals make informed choices about training and development opportunities in the context of their working lives and leisure activities.
We strive to provide information, advice and guidance that is:
- Timely and in a format that is easily understood
- Independent, confidential and focused on the needs of the individual
- Provided by staff trained to offer appropriate Information, Advice and Guidance
- Free from stereotyping physical or cultural barriers for users and in accordance with Birkwood’s Equality and Diversity Policy
- Easily accessible and clearly defined
- Free of charge to all users
- Subject to evaluation and continuous improvement, encouraging individuals to get the most from the process
Standards of Service
Our service offers:
- Open access to information on training opportunities in a range of formats available from Birkwood Plant training
- An initial assessment to help you identify an individual’s skills and aptitudes
- A trained member of staff to discuss individual learner needs and aspirations and to plan for the achievement of goals
- Signposting to other agencies who may be able to help learners to achieve their goals
- The opportunity for learners to spend time with a member of staff to review and revisit their goals and discuss progress and next steps
- Access to a trained member of staff to answer queries and provide advice by phone
Clients / Learners can expect
- A service delivered to recognised national standards
- A clear explanation of the Information, Advice and Guidance Services we offer
- Trained and experienced staff who will treat them with respect and dignity
- A timely response to requests for information
- Up to date information on training opportunities in a range of formats
- Information on the cost of training and any funding which may be available to support the costs
- All information about them will be treated as strictly confidential in line with the Data Protection Act
- We are very pleased to publish our customer feedback for 2017.
- Please see our case studies for more information about how we have helped individuals and companies to benefit from the training we have delivered.