1 . What is the purpose of a risk assessment?
2. a) What is the purpose of a Method Statement and b) what is required of the operator in regard to a method statement?
7. What is the purpose of a ROPS cab or frame?
8. During work, the engine starts to overheat. Explain the danger if someone tries to remove the radiator or expansion tank cap.
10. a) What is the minimum distance allowed near open trenches when travelling to the working area with a ride-on roller and b) explain why.
13. Give THREE possible reasons why ride-on rollers should not stray off the designated travel routes.
14. If setting up to work in a pedestrianised area, state THREE factors that need to be taken into account.
15. a) What determines the minimum distances that any part of plant and machinery has to be kept from overhead electricity lines, and b) explain why a distance should be keep.
16. Before starting work, name FIVE checks that should be made to the compacting area.
17. When working in a confined area or space with the roller, name THREE hazards that can occur.
18. What are the TWO aims of compaction?
22. Name FOUR factors that determine the number of rolling passes.
24. If compacting on a gradient: a) what is the rolling procedure and b) explain why.
25. When parking the machine at the end of the shift, name THREE places where the ride-on roller should NOT be parked.